Here’s a yummy treat to make when you have family over this holiday or for that Christmas morning when ya’ll are opening gifts!
- 1 bag of saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup + 2 table spoons packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups coarsely chopped walnuts/pecans/candy canes
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a 15” x 10” x 1” tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Line up crackers in a single layer in rows on foil.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over crackers and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake 5 minutes, until the candy starts bubbling evenly all over. Remove from oven and turn oven off.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over crackers and cover with aluminum foil sheet and leave closed for 3 minutes (or until you see chocolate chips are melted). Spread chocolate with a spatula evenly all over.
- Sprinkle walnuts/pecans/candy cane on top. Place in freezer for 20 minutes. Take it out and crack/break into pieces.
YUM! Make it a tradition like my family to make this every Christmas. Gets everyone together!